An animal doctor has said that thousands of fish died on fish farms near Baghdad due to banned weapons dropped by us forces against Iraq.
According to Dhahir Habib Dhahir, a veterinary surgeon at state run Swairah fish farm, south of Baghdad, munitions used by British and us forces poisoned these fish and mortality rate on some farms had touched 100 per cent.
The Iraqi Agriculture Ministry is expected to investigate these fishy deaths.
- Downward Spiral: the economic impact of Covid-19 on refugees and displaced people
- Consequences Of Underfunding In 2020
- Ending conflicts over water: solutions to water and security challenges
- UNHCR AND WFP Extend Assistance Net To Cover Displaced And Refugee Families Affected By Pandemic
- Regional Overview of Food Security and Nutrition in the Near East and North Africa 2019
- UNHCR’s Initiative on Internal Displacement 2020 – 2021