cell phone Ban: In a ruling on May 7, 2007, the Supreme Court of the State of New York supported the department of education's (DOE's) ban on the use of cell phones in schools. Eight parents had sued the city calling the ban "irrational and unsafe'.
They claimed it intruded "on a parent's right to determine a child's care, custody and control'. The DOE claimed that cell phones were disruptive and students used them to cheat. A group of parents are likely to appeal against the court's decision.
lindane loses: A Chicago federal judge recently dismissed a product defamation lawsuit against the Ecology Center of Ann Arbor, an environmental organisation, and two Michigan paediatricians by Morton Grove, the Chicago-area producer of pharmaceutical lindane.
The drug company had filed a suit in August 2006 accusing the organisation and the paediatricians of "disseminating false, misleading, and libelous statements about the safety profile and effectiveness of lindane' after they supported the Michigan Legislature's ban on pharmaceutical products containing lindane
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding mismanagement of solid waste, Deoria, Uttar Pradesh, 31/05/2023
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding 375 brick kilns in Deoria, Uttar Pradesh, 31/05/2023
- Response to the report filed by the CPCB on state action plans in southern states to control air pollution, 31/05/2023
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding unscientific management of tourist activities at Kufri, Shimla district, Himachal Pradesh, 25/05/2023
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding pollution by dyeing units and disposal of their waste into river Thirumanimutharu, Salem district, Tamil Nadu, May 25, 2023
- Report by MoEF&CC regarding cracks developing in houses in Nai Basti due to landslide, Doda district, Jammu & Kashmir, 24/05/2023