No check on effluents
Industrial town spent Rs 2 crore on flow meters that no one monitors
THE industrial units of Pali town in Rajasthan were made to install meters to measure the amount of effluents they discharge. But no one is monitoring them.
The Rajasthan high court ordered installation of flow meters in April 2008 to check industrial effluents from entering the Bandi river. It said the effluents should not exceed the capacity of the three common effluent treatment plants (cetps) in the textile town.
- Oversight Committee report on contamination of water bodies and groundwater in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, 11/12/2020
- Report on Thamirabarani river, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, 20/10/2020
- Action taken report on home stay's in Uttarakhand, 19/12/2019
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding Yamuna river pollution, 11/09/2019
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding pollution in Kali Nadi, Krishna and Hindon Rivers resulting in diseases and deaths, Uttar Pradesh, 15/03/2019
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding discharge of untreated sewage in the irrigation canal, village Kondli, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, 19/02/2019