How the dam can hurt
As per Institute of Water Modelling
- Water in Surma-Kushiara-Meghna can reduce by 10% in June, 23% in July, 16% in August and 15% in September.
- Kushiara-Bardal wetland will dry up in monsoons.
- The reservoir will trap nutrient-rich silt, affecting the productivity of crops downstream.
- Excess erosion in the first 100-150 km will increase deposition in downstream Surma-Kushiara, raising the riverbed.
- Deposition will block mouths of some tributaries.
- Global Humanitarian Response Plan COVID-19 Progress Report: Third Edition
- COVID-19 Impact on International Migration, Remittances, and Recipient Households in Developing Asia
- Mineral Laws (Amendment) Ordinance 2020
- Here comes the sun (and wind): Vietnam’s low-cost renewables revolution and its implications for coal power investments
- Tornadoes rip through Kansas after one killed, scores hurt by Ohio twisters
- Stubble burning in Punjab and Haryana back to foul up Delhi air