Performance of cement industry
A Parliamentary panel review of cement industry has instructed Dept. of Industrial Policy to direct all plants to comply with emission standards and suggested cement manufacturers to comply with corporate responsibility for environment protection.
Cement is the most essential raw material in any kind of construction activity. Accordingly, cement industry plays a crucial role in the infrastructural development of the country. Given the vast geographical size and massive population of the country, various construction activities undertaken by the Central Government, State Governments, Public Sector Undertaking and other organisations, including private sector generate huge demand for cement. In addition, provision for housing is the first and foremost requirement of every household and, therefore, market demand of cement for private consumption is increasing constantly. This is the ninety fifth report of the Committee on the performance of cement industr.
Notice: MoEF serves show-cause notice to Nirma.
Press Release: CSE welcomes environment ministry no to Nirma.
Opinion: Water v industry
Report: Environmental efficiency of the Indian cement industry.
Letter: Air sampling report - JP cements and Ambuja cements Ltd, Nalagarh.
Report: Health risk due to cement dust.
Guidelines: Co-processing of distillery spent wash concentrate.
Report: Emissions reductions up to 2050
- Low Carbon Technology Roadmap for the Indian Cement Sector: Status Review 2018
- Designing border carbon adjustments for enhanced climate action
- Global 250 greenhouse gas emitters: a new business logic
- India’s first-ever environmental rating of coal-based power plants finds the sector’s performance to be way below global benchmarks
- Sustainability Report 2014-15: JK Cement Ltd
- Understanding the poor economic performance of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, India: a macro-perspective