Global food policy report 2011
This is first new annual IFPRI publication provides a comprehensive, research-based analysis of major food policy challenges at the global, regional, national, and local levels. Highlights important developments in food policy that occurred in 2011 and takes a look forward into 2012.
The 2011 Global Food Policy Report is a new annual IFPRI publication that provides a comprehensive, research-based analysis of major food policy challenges at the global, regional, national, and local levels. It highlights important developments and events in food policy that occurred in 2011, discusses lessons learned, offers policy recommendations, presents IFPRI’s food policy tools and indicators, and takes a look forward into 2012. The report reflects perspectives from across the globe. Its nine chapters, written by IFPRI researchers and other food policy experts, provide state-of-the-art analysis on such crucial topics as: food price levels and volatility; natural and human-caused disasters; climate change; biofuels; the links between agriculture and nutrition, health, water, and energy; sustainable land management; regional developments; and new players in global food policy.
Conference: Leveraging agriculture for improving nutrition and health.
Report: Global monitoring report 2012 - food prices, nutrition, and the Millennium Development.
Website: Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme.
Database: FAOSTAT database.
Report: The state of food insecurity in the world 2011.
Report: Global hunger index 2011.
Bill: National Food Security Bill, 2011.
Report: Resolving the food crisis.
- A whole earth approach to nature positive food: biodiversity and agriculture
- Income versus prices: how does the business cycle affect food (in)-security?
- Biodiversity and agriculture: rapid evidence review
- Driven to waste: global food loss on farms
- Outcome report on gendering climate policy in Africa
- Consumption, production, market access and affordability of nutritious foods in the Somali Region of Ethiopia