Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding infrastructure and other matters relating to route from Katra to Bhawan and environment protection, Jammu & Kashmir, 13/11/2017
Order of the National Green Tribunal in the matter of Gauri Maulekhi Vs. State of Jammu & Kashmir & Others dated 13/11/2017 regarding infrastructure and other matters relating to route from Katra to Bhawan and environment protection.
Some of the directions passed by the Principal Bench of NGT are the following:
1. The new path/road that has been constructed at the cost of Rs. 40 crores should be opened to the public by 24th November, 2017. No horses/mules would be permitted to ply on this road either for carrying passengers/ pilgrims or any construction or other material.
2. Every effort should be made not to raise any new construction at the Bhawan and all work should be carried out in the interest of environment and ecology and public at large.
3. The number of pilgrims at the Bhawan should be restricted to 50,000 per day and excess thereof should be halted either at Katra or at Ardhkuari.
4. The THDCI is directed to complete the work of slope stabilization particularly at the new route.
5. Court directs the State of Jammu and Kashmir to identify and construct an appropriate landfill site for solid waste management in accordance with Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016.