Wait for water
No new connections till 2011
PEOPLE, who have invested money in flats in new building projects in Mumbai, will have to wait. The Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai has decided to give them water connections only after the city starts getting additional supply from Vaitarana River in Thane in 2011. There is worse news for people living in multi-storied buildings. They will get a little over two buckets of water each, a day, from now.
The decision was taken in the last week of February.
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding dumping of garbage in Neela Hauz Lake, Delhi, 13/08/2019
- For global water crisis, climate may be the last straw
- Experts seek checks on frothing of lakes in Hyderabad
- Beyond scarcity: water security in the Middle East and North Africa
- Groundwater falls by 1.5m since 2016
- What Delhi must do to gain ground on water harvesting