Bangladesh gets nuke plant:
On May 13, Bangladesh and Russia signed a deal to install a nuclear power plant with an electricity generation capacity of 600-1,000 megawatt (mw). The plant will be set up at Roopour, 200 km from Dhaka. The country generates 3,300 mw power and is facing a shortfall of 1,500 mw a day.
Pak offers comfort to refugees:
Cool drinking water is being offered to 80,000 people in relief camps in Mardan, Swabi and adjoining areas of north-west Pakistan as temperatures crossed 40
- Estimation of pregnancy losses attributable to exposure to ambient fine particles in south Asia: an epidemiological case-control study
- Utilizing floodwaters for recharging depleted aquifers and sustaining irrigation: Lessons from multi-scale assessments in the Ganges River Basin, India
- Adaptation and resilience to drought: from know how to do how
- Seasonal outlook to socio-economic impact based forecasting
- An evolving paradigm of agricultural mechanization development: How much can Africa learn from Asia?
- Costs of climate inaction: displacement and distress migration