Wildlife authorities in Assam are set to conduct a week-long census at all wildlife habitats in the state to estimate the tiger population. This is part of a countrywide tiger census to be taken up in the current year.
Monkeys have become an endangered species in the Northeast due to certain tribes hunting them for food and medicinal use and also the superstition that a simian skull wards off evil spirits.
The Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (best) undertaking will add by March-end 10 more buses to its existing fleet of ten buses which run on compressed natural gas ( cng ).
An ambitious project is being implemented in Madhya Pradesh to conserve 155 rare medicinal plants. The conservation process employs scientific methods on a farm developed at Obadullaganj near Bhopal.
A scientist at the Department of Genetics at Punjab Agricultural University has identified and designated two new adult plant leaf rust resistant genes. If introduced in wheat varieties, it will eradicate the "rust disease' from the country.
Rehabilitation projects undertaken by the Assam government to end the ethnic strife in Kokrajhar and Bongaigaon districts have damaged the golden langur habitats in Assam.
Illegal fishing off the coast of Orissa by trawlers has reached an unprecedented level, leading to serious damage to the protected Olive Ridley turtle sanctuary. Over 15,000 sea turtles have been killed this season.
The final report of
- Foreign direct investment and policies in the health sector in Asia and the Pacific 2022/2023
- Deploying charging infrastructure to support an accelerated transition to zero-emission vehicles
- Regional trends report 2022- toward sustainable energy connectivity in Asia and the Pacific: status, trends, and opportunities
- World risk poll 2021: a resilient world?- understanding vulnerability in a changing climate
- People of village Raheta suffering due to paucity of drinking water: NGT orders probe
- Renewable energy and jobs: annual review 2022