Eat at your own risk
The first-ever lab study of junk foods in India by Centre for Science and Environment published in Down To Earth exposes dubious claims by fast food giants.Junk food is bad for health. Its definition tells its inner story—food that is high on calories and saturated fat but low on nutrition... more>>
TV Reportage on Junk Food: CSE Lab Study
- Presentation: Why we should worry about food we love to eat?
- Press Release: Watch out for what you eat.
- Note: Take junk food out of schools, say participants at a CSE Round Table.
- Act: Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006.
- Factsheet: Food safety watch.
- Report: Chronic non-communicable diseases in India.
- Presentation: Junking the Junk.
- Presentation: Obesity - The Indian Perspectiv
See also > Other CSE Lab Studies
|What’s in your Honey?||Fat of the matter||
Colanisation's Dirty Dozen
|Pesticide residues in bottled water|
- The consumer protection bill, 2018
- Maintain healthy weight to curb risk of cancer
- 'Himalayan region will have earthquakes greater than magnitude 8 in the future'
- How living near a landfill 'raises lung cancer risk': Harmful gases from rotting rubbish can increase chance by up to a third among people who live within three miles of a site
- World Health Day: Your child may be a diabetic!
- E-cigarettes putting your heart at risk