Eat at your own risk
The first-ever lab study of junk foods in India by Centre for Science and Environment published in Down To Earth exposes dubious claims by fast food giants.Junk food is bad for health. Its definition tells its inner story—food that is high on calories and saturated fat but low on nutrition... more>>
TV Reportage on Junk Food: CSE Lab Study
- Presentation: Why we should worry about food we love to eat?
- Press Release: Watch out for what you eat.
- Note: Take junk food out of schools, say participants at a CSE Round Table.
- Act: Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006.
- Factsheet: Food safety watch.
- Report: Chronic non-communicable diseases in India.
- Presentation: Junking the Junk.
- Presentation: Obesity - The Indian Perspectiv
See also > Other CSE Lab Studies
|What’s in your Honey?||Fat of the matter||
Colanisation's Dirty Dozen
|Pesticide residues in bottled water|
- These low cost mobile weather stations can help cope with floods, landslides
- Delhi High Court asks for detailed response on the case on banning junk food in schools
- Climate change 2014: impacts, adaptation, and vulnerability - summary for policymakers (IPCC Climate Report, Fifth Assessment, WGII AR5)
- Risking your health: causes, consequences, and interventions to prevent risky behaviors
- Dump garbage in public, pay Rs 500 fine
- Budget 2013-2014: speech of P. Chidambaram, Minister of Finance