Eat at your own risk
The first-ever lab study of junk foods in India by Centre for Science and Environment published in Down To Earth exposes dubious claims by fast food giants.Junk food is bad for health. Its definition tells its inner story—food that is high on calories and saturated fat but low on nutrition... more>>
TV Reportage on Junk Food: CSE Lab Study
- Presentation: Why we should worry about food we love to eat?
- Press Release: Watch out for what you eat.
- Note: Take junk food out of schools, say participants at a CSE Round Table.
- Act: Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006.
- Factsheet: Food safety watch.
- Report: Chronic non-communicable diseases in India.
- Presentation: Junking the Junk.
- Presentation: Obesity - The Indian Perspectiv
See also > Other CSE Lab Studies
|What’s in your Honey?||Fat of the matter||
Colanisation's Dirty Dozen
|Pesticide residues in bottled water|
- Your Christmas Tree at Risk? Evergreens May be Killed by 2100 in the Southwest
- At your own risk: reprisals against critics of World Bank Group projects
- CSE welcomes food authorities’ initiative in testing processed food like Maggi
- Health and the environment: addressing the health impact of air pollution
- TB emerges as urban challenge in state Slums In Cities At High Risk
- These low cost mobile weather stations can help cope with floods, landslides