The Meghalaya Mines and Minerals Policy, 2012
Read text of the controversial Meghalaya Mines and Minerals Policy approved by the state cabinet to facilitate systematic and scientific utilization of mineral resources keeping in view the protection of environment, land, health and safety of people in and around the mining areas.
The Meghalaya Mines and Minerals Policy,2012 has been formulated with an aim to facilitate systematic, scientific and planned utilization of mineral resources and to streamline mineral based development of the State, keeping in view, protection of environment, land, health and safety of the people in and around the mining areas. The Policy will also dwell on ensuring optimal utilization of available mineral resources, realization of vast mineral potential, generate revenue for socio-economic development, uplift the economy of the State and enhance employment opportunities. Hence the policy, hereunto called the Meghalaya Mines and Mineral Policy, 2012.
Feature: Mined to death.
Policy: Meghalaya Mineral Policy 2010.
Policy: Meghalaya Mining Policy 2009.
Feature: Lafarge's fait accompli.
Document: MoEF hails SC order on Lafarge mining.
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding illegal, unregulated and indiscriminate rat-hole mining being carried on in various parts of the State of Meghalaya, 09/06/2014
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding rat-hole coal mining in Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya, 17/04/2014
- India State of the Environment Report : The Monthly Overview, September 2013
- Govt assures proper implementation of Mining Policy
- Authorities fail to regulate safety concerns in mines
- NGO slams Industrial Policy