Draft health policy of Kerala 2013
Read text of the draft health policy 2013 released by the Kerala government. Its objective is to position good health as the product of development agenda including water supply, nutrition, sanitation, prevention of ecological degradation, respect for citizens rights and gender sensitivity.
Kerala has achieved good health indicators compared to other Indian states. A prime reason for this has been the stewardship role that successive governments, before and after independence, have played. This has become even more important at a time when the state is facing the emergence and re-emergence of some of the communicable diseases along with problems resulting from the epidemiological and demographic transition. In order to navigate the sector through the multiple challenges faced in the health sector Government of Kerala needs to articulate the policy framework under which all the stakeholders can develop their strategies. This document is an attempt to address such a need.
Feature: Universal health scare.
Notification: Ban on use of endosulphan
Report: Pesticide use in the rice bowl..
- The draft National Health Policy 2015 proposes “health as a fundamental right”
- Gujarat Govt joins other states, says will not permit Field trials of GM food crops in the state
- Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India on general and social sector: Government of Kerala
- India State of the Environment Report : The Monthly Overview, September 2013
- Nutrition policy to suggest steps to tackle anaemia