A Rs 700 crore National Fund for Calamity Relief (NFCR) has been set up by the Centre to provide immediate assistance to states during floods, cyclones, drought and earthquakes.
Situated in Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan, the Khetri Copper Complex (KCC) has become the first zero pollution mining-cum-metallurgical industry in the state.
The Indian Institute of Chemical Biology (IICB), Calcutta is setting up a kala azar strain bank to help researchers studying the dreaded killer disease.
In view of the proposed ban by Germany on imports containing hazardous azo dyes, the Indian garment export sector has taken steps to shift to eco-friendly alternatives like vat and reactive dyes.
The state department of environment, West Bengal, has developed the Calcutta Environment Monitoring and Strategy Action Plan (CEMSAP) to implement various pollution control measures in the city.
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi is launching a project which involves the production of superior quality hybrid varieties of tomato, onion, brinjal, cabbage and cauliflower.
To combat the ill-effects of ecological degradation in the Shivalika region of Jammu and the Kerawa belt in Kashmir, a Rs 42.24 crore integrated watershed development project has been launched for implementation by June 1997.
A new strain of the Yersinia pestis bacteria was responsible for the plague outbreak in Surat last year, according to a team of scientists who analysed the organism at laboratories abroad.
The Centre is establishing a Cleaner Technology Promotion Network at the National Environmental Engineering Institute (NEERI), Nagpur, which will provide polluting industries with cleaner technologies.
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme, Karimnagar, Telangana, 20/10/2020
- Global age-sex-specific fertility, mortality, healthy life expectancy (HALE), and population estimates in 204 countries and territories, 1950–2019: a comprehensive demographic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019
- Cost of a plate of food 2020
- Farmers Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services (Dispute Resolution) Rules, 2020
- The protection we want: social outlook for Asia and the Pacific
- Forests, trees and the eradication of poverty: potential and limitations