vehicles restricted: More than 15-year old vehicles will have to be phased out from the National Capital Region to comply with a new directive of the Supreme Court.
green taj: The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has drafted a green plan for the half-constructed Taj Heritage Corridor site, a plan to build a corridor between five heritage monuments in Agra. The project brought down the Mayawati government in 2003. In the plan submitted to the Supreme Court on August 26, 2006, ASI has sought permission to create a dense forest belt along the corridor. The Union ministry of environment and forests will green the area. Under the plan, nearby villagers will be barred from using the river Yamuna and ASI has sought a direction from the court to provide them alternate facilities.
back again: The chief mentor of Infosys, N R Narayana Murthy, has agreed to head Karnataka's IT Vision Group - an offer extended to him by Karnataka chief minister, H D Kumaraswamy on September 5, 2006. Murthy will guide the group towards development of information technology, biotechnology and precision engineering. Kumaraswamy acknowledged Murthy's
- Africa’s macroeconomic performance and outlook, January 2024
- Policy study on re-calibrating institutions for climate action
- Order of the Kerala High Court on human-animal conflict situations, 12/02/2024
- Does global warming worsen poverty and inequality? an updated review
- Draft distribution perspective plan 2030
- Unlocking climate finance in Asia-Pacific: transitioning to a sustainable future