In a recent verdict, Kerala High Court has quashed the environmental clearance accorded to a hydroelectric power (hydel) project by the Union ministry of environment and forests, and has cautioned the ministry to conduct public hearings before granting any such clearances.
The order came in the context of the controversial Rs 1,000-crore Athirappally hydel power project near Kochi, which would generate 163-megawatt electricity.
The court was deeply disturbed
- Emergency (IPC Phase 4) outcomes are widespread at the July/August peak of the lean season, July 2020
- Philippines COVID-19 Humanitarian Response Plan
- Impact of COVID-19 on Livelihoods, Food Security & Nutrition in East Africa: Urban Focus
- Report by WBPCB on Saraf Silicates, Nimakalali, district, Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, 06/11/2019
- The Toxic Truth: Children’s Exposure to Lead Pollution Undermines a Generation of Future Potential
- Sex ratio at birth in India: Recent Trends and Patterns