Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding the deteriorating air quality of Delhi NCR, 09/11/2017
Order of the National Green Tribunal in the matter of Vardhaman Kaushik Vs. Union of India & Others dated 09/11/2017 regarding the deteriorating air quality of Delhi NCR. National Green Tribunal in the Order said that the Judgement of the NGT dated 10th November, 2016 had "clearly postulated the steps that were required to be taken on long term and short term basis keeping in view the precautionary principle to ensure that the ill-effects and adverse impact of polluted ambient air quality in the previous year is not repeated in the year 2017. However, this remains un-executed and non-complied." The Court finds no Authority who is able to show the effective compliance of the directions contained in the judgment.
Some of the Directions passed by the NGT in the Order Dated 09/11/2017:
1. All the construction (structural) activity of any kind in the entire NCR is prohibited
2. All the industrial activity in NCR of Delhi which releases emission would also not be carried till the next date of hearing.
3. No burning of waste or any material in any part of NCR. This will equally apply to the areas and the Authorities having jurisdiction over the NOIDA, Greater NOIDA, Ghaziabad, Sonipat, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Palwal, Bahadur Garh and Manesar.
4. The States of Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan would ensure that there is no crop residue burning in any part of their States and Government should provide due incentives to the farmers for removal, carrying and utilization of the crop residue providing some benefits to the farmers.
5. GRAP (Graded Response Action Plan) shall be implemented by the all the States that is State of Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and in NCR Region particularly to protect and improved the ambient air quality.