Report on noise pollution, Delhi
Action taken report by the Noise Pollution cum Deputy Commissioner of Police, Delhi in OA No. 519/2016 in the matter of Hardeep Singh & Others Vs SDMC & Others regarding noise pollution.
For better implementation and monitoring of the noise pollution matters, the Commissioner of Police, Delhi had constituted specialized Operational Committees. Further, two hundred forty four Sound Level Meters (SLMs) have been procured by Delhi Police. They have been distributed in the manner that each designated police officer and all police stations would be equipped with at least one Sound Level Meter.
A training for trainers for all the designated police officers under the Noise Pollution Rules was also conducted. Also in pursuance to the NGT order, the public redressal mechanism had been intensified, so that complaints of the people could be resolved promptly. Grievances registered on web portal are also being attended by respective SHOs and ACPs for early disposal.
In the period between January 1, 2020 to March 15, 2020 971 calls were received and 502 grievances registered in web portal. Further, during the same period, 4427 legal actions were taken against noise violators. The Traffic unit of Delhi Police have taken regular actions against the drivers indulging in honking, using pressure horns, modified silencers and violating noise rules in in silence zone.
Note: Report uploaded on June 3, 2020
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding violation of environmental norms by restaurants in Hauz Khas, New Delhi, 29/08/2023
- Joint committee report on measures to curb air pollution, traffic congestion and encroachments in and around AIIMS, Delhi, 01/07/2023
- Report filed by the DPCC regardings mobile towers in parks of Delhi, 19/12/2022
- Justice S. P. Garg committee report on noise pollution, 29/04/2022
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding dust and noise pollution arising out of the business of building material and use of heavy machinery, village Pul Pehlad Pur, Delhi, 25/02/2022
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding noise pollution, Delhi, 03/02/2022