Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding illegal coastal shrimp farms, Choryasi taluka, Surat, Gujarat, 22/09/2020
Order of the National Green Tribunal in the matter of Roshni B. Patel Vs Union of India & Others dated 22/09/2020.
The matter related commercial illegal coastal shrimp farms on the floodplains and within the CRZ areas along the Tapi and Mindhola river and in village Damka, Rajgiri, Junagam, Aabhva, Dumas, Khajod, Budiya, Gabheni, Talangpor, Umber, Jiyav and elsewhere in Choryasi taluka, Surat district, Gujarat.
The NGT directed notice be issued to the respondents:
- Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
- State of Gujarat Gujarat Coastal Zone Management Authority
- Central Pollution Control Board
- Gujarat Pollution Control Board
- Collector Surat
- Hazira Freight Container Station
The respondents are directed to reply within six weeks and the matter has been listed for January 7, 2021.