Order of the Uttarakhand High Court regarding the state of prisoners in jails amid COVID-19, Uttarakhand, 03/05/2021
Order of the Uttarakhand High Court dated 03/05/2021 regarding COVID-19 situation in Uttarakhand.
The High Court directed the Chief Standing Counsel for Uttarakhand to submit a report on the:
- number of jails,
- the population of each jail comprising both under-trial prisoners and convicted prisoners,
- the number of prisoners who have come down with COVID-19,
- the availability of the medical facilities for dealing with the situation,
- the number of staff who are affected by COVID-19,
- the facilities available for quarantining the affected persons and the
- medical facilities available within the jail premises.
The case was listed for May 6, 2021.