The beleaguered Act
Section 2 (4): Forests include waste or arable lands containing trees, shrubs or reeds
Section 3: Every Janmam estate including all communal pasture lands, forests, rivers, situated within the boundaries thereof shall be transferred to the government.
Section 8: Under this section, jenmis (holders of the original Janmom land) are entitled to pattas for lands that they or their employees are cultivating.
Section 9: Under this section, tenants of the original jenmis are entitled to pattas for lands that they or their employees are cultivating. To receive these pattas, the tenants must show that they were enjoying the land in 1969 and had been doing so for a continuous period of three years before.
- Beleaguered Amazon tribes remain staunch in defence of their land
- Economic Survey 2018: Need to revisit current solar, wind subsidies
- Japan prepares to release thousands of tonnes of water containing radioactive tritium from the beleaguered Fukushima plant amid fears for impact on Pacific Ocean
- Budget will change lives of the poor: Modi
- Boost for Odisha mining: Joint plan to reopen 131 mines in works
- MoEF not to relax norms for mining leases executed after Feb 1