Lawsuit over CO2 cap The Slovak government has decided to file a lawsuit against the European Commission (EC) over its demand that Slovakia cut its annual carbon dioxide emissions from 2008-2012. In a statement, Slovak environment minister Jaroslav Izak said the CO2 cap, which EC had ruled in November, was insufficient and the process of setting the quota was inappropriate. Slovak prime minister Robert Fico, too, said the demand for the emissions cut was unfair at the time when the country needed new electricity production capacities after complying with another EU demand to shut down a bloc at one of its two nuclear stations. Such a significant reduction would cause serious trouble for the economy, Fico said.
Natural gas import fouls air The South Coast Air Quality Management District has sued California public utility officials, claiming that the liquefied natural gas approved by the officials for use in the state could worsen air pollution. Energy providers plan to spend about US $3 billion on the construction of seven natural gas terminals on the coast of California and Baja in Mexico. The agency alleges that the imported gas burns hotter than domestic gas and creates more pollution. The lawsuits were filed at the California appeals court and the state Supreme Court.
Water company fined Scottish Water, a utility giant in the UK, has been fined
- Report on waste management, Panamanna ward, Ottapalam municipality, Palakkad district, Kerala, 31/12/2020
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding waste management in Indirapuram, Vasundhara and Vaishali, Uttar Pradesh, 15/04/2021
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding use of ground water for maintenance of cricket play grounds, India, 15/04/2021
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding unscientific carcass disposal, village Ladhowal, district Ludhiana, Punjab, 15/04/2021
- Response to the report of the Joint Committee on the destruction of mangroves in Kakinada bay, Andhra Pradesh, 13/04/2021
- Joint inspection report on GAIL India and ONGC units in Andhra Pradesh, 12/04/2021