Report of high powered committee on statutory clearances
The final report of High Powered Committee (HPC) to examine schemes of statutory clearances for industrial and infrastructure projects submitted to the Ministry of Environment and Forests by CPCB.
The High Powered Committee to Examine the Schemes of Statutory Clearances for Industrial and Infrastructure Projects was Constituted in December 2008, under the Secretary, Planning Commission. The Committee had carefully examined the recommendations made by an Expert Group in context with existing Central and State level clearances required for the industrial and infrastructure projects. Recognizing the critical importance of environment protection, community rights and sustainable development in the growing economy, rationalization of existing procedures and guidelines with a view to reduce the time taken in according the clearance and remove operational bottlenecks for the entrepreneurs and project proponents have been recommended. See Also Report: Expert group to examine the schemes of statutory clearances for industrial and infrastructure projects in India www.indiaenvironmentportal.org.in/node/274466 Letter: CSE letter to Planning Commission http://old.cseindia.org/programme/industry/pdf/document_planning_commission.pdf Notification: EIA notification 2009 www.indiaenvironmentportal.org.in/node/265613 Feature: The rubber-stamp authority http://old.downtoearth.org.in/full6.asp?foldername=20091130&filename=news&sec_id=9&sid=33 Feature: Chhattisgarh impact www.indiaenvironmentportal.org.in/node/40251 Report: Criteria for comprehensive environmental assessment of industrial clusters www.indiaenvironmentportal.org.in/node/295062 Report: Turnaround: reform agenda for India
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Order of the Supreme Court of India regarding environmental clearance to projects, 06/01/2014
- Guidelines for consideration of proposals for grant of environmental clearance Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Notification, 2006 and its amendments - regarding categorization of Category 'B' projects/activities into Category 'B1' & 'B2'
- National Green Tribunal orders Status Quo on activities of DRDO, BARC, ISRO, IISc, et. al., in Challakere, Chitradurga district, Karnataka
- System of green clearances not working for environment and people and clearances not the impediment to growth, says CSE’s new study