Plastic Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2011
The Ministry of Environment and Forests has notified the Plastic
Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2011 to replace the earlier Recycled Plastics Manufacture and Usage Rules, 1999 (amended in 2003). These Rules have been brought out
following detailed discussions and consultations with a wide spectrum of stakeholders including civil society, industry bodies, relevant Central Government Ministries and State Governments.
Releasing the Rules the Minister for Environment and Forests, Mr. Jairam Ramesh said “It is impractical and undesirable to impose a blanket ban on the use of plastic all over the country. The real challenge is to improve municipal solid waste management systems. In addition to the privatization and mechanisation of the municipal solid waste management systems must be sensitive to the needs and concerns of the lakhs of people involved in
the informal sector”.
- Order of the National Green Tribunal on unregulated handling of plastic waste, Delhi, 03/12/2018
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding burning of plastic in villages of Mundka, Nangloi, Neelwal, Kamruddin Nagar, Ranhaula, Tikri-Kalan, Delhi, 20/07/2018
- Guidelines for the disposal of non-recyclable plastic waste
- Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding use of plastic bottle and multi-layered/plastic packages/pet bottles, 03/03/2015
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding the issue of pollution being caused as a result of non compliance of the Plastic Waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2011, 15/10/2014