India State of Forest Report 2011
India's State of Forest Report 2011 released by FSI provides special coverage to forest cover in hill districts, tribal districts and the north-east and also includes a new chapter covering detailed assessment of bamboo.
The Forest Survey of India (FSI) has been publishing a series of biennial assessment report the forest cover in the country since 1987. The India State of Forest Report is recognized as the authoritative assessment of the country’s forest resources. The India State of Forest Report 2011 is the twelfth report in the series. It is based on interpretation of satellite data recorded during October 2008-March 2009 from the indigenous IRS-P6-LISS III sensor on a resolution of 23.5m with a minimum mappable area of one hectare. The assessment made on the basis of satellite imageries is backed by rigorous ground truthing carried out by the staff of FSI. The change matrices recorded in the present report refer to changes with respect to the satellite data recorded for the previous India State of Forest Report two years earlier. Special coverage is provided to forest cover in hill districts, tribal districts and the north-east keeping in mind the special symbiotic relationship of communities with forests in these regions.
Report: State of forest report 2009.
Roundtable: Is bamboo a minor forest produce?
Feature: Bamboo now a minor forest produce.
In-Parliament: Protection of forest....
Report: Mission for a green India.
Report: India’s forest and tree cover.
Policy: National forest policy 1988.
Opinion: Rethink growth with forest...
- Compendium Of Environment Statistics India 2013
- 2014 Environmental Performance Index
- Revised draft policy on inspection, verification, monitoring and overall procedure relating to grant of forest clearances and identification of forests
- Order of the Supreme Court of India regarding environmental clearance to projects, 06/01/2014
- Bangladesh State of the Environment Report : The Monthly Overview, September 2013
- India State of the Environment Report : The Monthly Overview, September 2013