Making cities resilient report 2012
In this new report UNISDR provides a snapshot of resilience building activities at the local level and identifies trends in the perceptions and approaches of local governments toward disaster risk reduction.
This report provides a snapshot of resilience building activities at the local level and identifies trends in the perceptions and approaches of local governments toward disaster risk reduction. It examines factors that enable urban disaster risk reduction activities, including how the global campaign Making Cities Resilient – “My City is Getting Ready!” founded by the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) in conjunction with over twenty partners has helped improve local knowledge of disaster risk and support capacity building.
Report: Climate change, disaster risk, and the urban poor.
Report: How to make cities more resilient.
Report: Global assessment report on disaster risk reduction.
Report: Financing the resilient city.
Report: Climate resilient and sustainable urban development.
Report: Urban governance for adaptation - assessing climate change resilience in ten Asian cities.
Report: Risk and resilience in 15 of the world's most vulnerable cities.
- Protecting our capital: how climate adaptation in cities creates a resilient place for business
- Monthly Overview on State of Environment, Pakistan, December 2013
- Climate Change and Environmental Risk Atlas 2014
- Global assessment report on disaster risk reduction 2013
- Making cities resilient: summary for policymakers
- Future proofing cities: risks and opportunities for inclusive urban growth in developing countries