Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana-CSE
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) is not suitable for vulnerable regions like Marathwada, finds the first detailed independent evaluation and analysis of government’s flagship programme, released by Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) at Delhi.
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) released the first detailed independent evaluation and analysis of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) – government’s flagship national agricultural insurance programme. Across the world, agriculture insurance is recognised as an important part of the safety net for farmers to deal with the impacts of extreme and unseasonal weather due to climate change.
- Crop Insurance: A flagship scheme that may flatter to deceive
- No benefit for farmers in Rajasthan's Bundi district from PMFBY
- Government dismisses Congress, Centre for Science and Environment charge on crop insurance
- Pradhan Mantri Fashal Bima Yojana: an Assessment
- Background and context: Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana