Report on implementation of E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016
Review and action taken report by the Central Pollution Control Board on status of implementation of action plan for enforcement of E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016 and amendments thereof in compliance of National Green Tribunal order of September 2, 2019 in O.A. No. 512/2018 in the matter of Shailesh Singh Vs State of Uttar Pradesh & Others.
The SPCBs/PCCs have started implementing the action plan. Preparation of national level inventory on generation of e-waste has been completed for the financial year 2017-18 and 2018-19. A draft mechanism for levying environmental compensation (EC) charges for the violation of e-waste rules has been worked out which would be finalised soon.
The CPCB would take actions including levying of environmental compensation (EC) charges after examination of the reports as submitted by SPCBs/PCCs. The SPCBs/PCCs would strenthen the e-waste management cell in their respective state/UT. These were some of the points mentioned in the report. Note: The report of February 11, 2020 was uploaded to the NGT site on July 15, 2020
- Informal e-waste recycling in Delhi
- Draft Notification on E-Waste (Management) Amendment Rules, 2017
- Guidelines on implementation of E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016
- Guidelines for environmentally sound management of E-Waste
- Hazardous and Other Wastes [Management and Transboundary Movement) Amendment Rules, 2016