Discovery of India
I am indeed grateful to Coromandel Fertilisers Ltd for giving me an award instituted in the name of Norman Borlaug, an eminent scientist whose work has played a key role in improving India's food security.
It is particularly a great honour for me to receive the award from the hands of President K R Narayanan. This is a matter of deep personal importance for me. I first came to know the honourable President when I was a young engineering student at iit Kanpur in the late 1960s. He had just returned from Vietnam as our Consul-General there and we were all very keen to learn about his experience. Since that day I have kept in touch with him and he has seen me grow over the years. Today, I get more love and respect from him than a father would normally give to a son. He has always gone out of his way to give me full support in my work.
Apart from being a researcher and a policy analyst, I am an advocate and campaigner at heart and, therefore, getting the message across
- Linking farmers to futures market in India
- Variance in cost and quality of agricultural tools and implements being provided to the farmers under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) and problems being faced by the farmers due to imported power tillers- a review
- Discovery of giant radio galaxies from NVSS: radio and infrared properties
- India’s journey towards 175 GW Renewables by 2022
- Tanzania: CAG Points Out Pitfalls in Tanzania Oil and Gas Plan
- Neglected disease research and development: a pivotal moment for global health