More bus rides
To boost public transport, Centre will help cities buy buses
About 15,000 new buses are in the pipeline for 63 cities in the country. The Central urban development ministry launched a new scheme on January 12 to assist states and transport units buy buses for public transport under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (jnnurm), which covers the 63 cities. States that have plans to improve public transport but have not been able to do so because of high prices of buses are hoping to benefit from the scheme.
- The future of Uber in Europe: electric and shared?
- Enabling data-sharing: emerging principles for transforming urban mobility
- Order of the Uttarakhand High Court regarding protection and welfare of animals, 04/07/2018
- Riding the wave: an East Asian miracle for the 21st century
- Getting to Metro station can cost more than ride
- Nigeria launches ‘bicycle riding’ project for transportation in Abuja