5 stars for saving electricity
RBI bags certificates for its energy efficient buildings
government and private organizations are queuing up for five star ratings for their office buildings from the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (bee). The Bureau rates buildings on a scale of one to five depending on how efficiently they use energy. The scheme is voluntary and was launched in February 2009.
The Reserve Bank of India (rbi) has filed applications for 15 of its buildings; Central Public Works Department, some state buildings and itc are among the other applicants. bee has received 50 applications from all over the country till now.
- East Africa Data Centre to save Sh4.5 million on green energy
- Energy efficiency of ACs drops as mercury soars
- Not as cool: improving energy performance of air conditioners in India
- Eight city corporations to get LED street lights
- New star-rated ACs to save on power consumption
- IGBC green townships rating system