The World of Organic Agriculture 2014
India with 600’000 producers is the home for maximum organic producers in the world reveals this 15th edition of The World of Organic Agriculture published by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture. Also finds that between 2011 and 2012, the organic area in Asia decreased by almost half a million hectares or ten percent, mainly due to a major loss of area reported by India (584’266 hectares less).
The 15th edition of The World of Organic Agriculture documents recent developments in global organic agriculture. It includes contributions from representatives of the organic sector from throughout the world and provides comprehensive organic farming statistics that cover surface area under organic management, specific information about land use in organic systems, numbers of farms and other operator types as well as selected market data.
The book also contains information on the global market for organic food, the latest developments in organic certification, information on standards and regulations as well as insights into current and emerging trends for organic agriculture in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, North America and Oceania.
- Global report on food crises 2019
- The sunken billions revisited: progress and challenges in global marine fisheries
- Working for health and growth- Investing in the health workforce
- Desertification and land degradation atlas of India
- Reality of US farm subsidies- An analysis of Agricultural Act of 2014
- Greenhouse Gas Bulletin: the State of Greenhouse Gases in the Atmosphere Based on Global Observations through 2014